Soccer Showdown

Senior, Jenna Fry, dribbling up the field last season(2016) to position the Crusaders to score a goal.

Ayanna Horton, Editor/ Writer

The Crusader girl’s soccer team has done tremendous so far! The team is 5 – 0 overall and 2-0 in conference, and their future is looking bright. The team’s first game was on March 18th, and was a non-conference win over the Indian Creek Timberwolves at Indian Creek. The final score of the game was 3-0, and the Lady Saders inevitably started the season off with a bang. Since then the Crusaders have pushed and challenged other teams, but ultimately have come out victorious with a five game winning streak. Most recently, the Crusaders played an away game against the Mendota Trojans on March 28th. The Crusaders proved then that they were a force to be reckoned with as the end score of the game was 9-0. Since the giant win last week, the Crusaders have been training hard in practice for the upcoming games. The Lady Crusaders will push their skills to the limit on April 4th when they play one of their rivals, the Dixon Duchesses. Dixon is currently 2-0 overall, and have been one of Lutheran’s top competitors in the past. Last season, Dixon beat the crusaders 10-1 in a scrappy game on Lutheran’s home field. This year, the Lady Saders have come up with a strategy to beat the Duchesses that will hopefully prove to be free of fault. Regardless of the outcome of the game, with a record like so, the lady Crusaders are bound to do great things this season.