Spring Break Has Sprung!

"Resurrection of Christ" A depiction of Jesus Christ's resurrection done in 1700 by Noel Coypel.

Ayanna Horton, Editor/ Writer

Spring break is here, and students couldn’t be more happy! After several weeks with no break, students are ready to take a rest from their studies to enjoy some relaxation and sun. While some students opt to stay in Rockford and relax, others plan on going to more exotic places like Florida, Arizona, and California. Some students are even planning to go all the way to Mexico for some fun in the sun. While vacationing and relaxing is probably most people’s focus at this part of the year, we can’t forget Easter! Easter is Sunday, April 16th this year. Some people recognize Easter as the day that a bunny comes and drops off presents and Easter eggs filled with fun prizes and goodies, but Christians recognize Easter as the day that Jesus resurrected from the dead and was brought to Heaven. Easter is a celebration of Jesus’s death on the cross for our sins, and his resurrection.  The day is also significant for Christians because it is the marking of the end of Lent, a time of fasting and prayer. Easter is the time when people reflect on how gracious Jesus was to suffer and die for the sins of all people. The Bible describes the day we now know as Easter like this: “For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance[a]: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried,that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,” – 1 Corinthians 15:3-4. So as you relax on the beach, remember that you have been saved through Christ Jesus, and for this you should be joyous!

Happy Spring Break!